Are you looking for the best dog devices available in the market? Do you want something that can offer the function of two or more dog accessories? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then you can never go wrong with a smart collar for guide dogs.
Smart collars can be used not just by guide dogs, but even by police dogs, military dogs, and even non-serving dogs. It is an all-in-one dog device that performs the multiple functions of different dog devices such as activity tracker, fitness tracker, GPS tracker, and more. This is one of the best gifts every dog parent can give to their beloved buddies.
Uses of Smart Collars
We have already indicated the fact that a smart collar for guide dogs can do a lot of things. The question is “What exactly can it do?” To know why you should get your guide dog a smart collar, check the list below:
- It is designed to help dog owners, even those who are visually impaired, easily locate their dogs. Wherever your dog is, the smart collar will help you find it. This device can easily replace microchip installations or a GPS tracker.
- The smart collar for guide dogs can be used for monitoring your dog’s health. Why buy a separate fitness tracker when you can easily grab a smart collar that also functions as a fitness tracker? It can show and track your dog’s heart rate and more.
- It can also track the daily activity of your dog. If you work outside all day, a smart collar will let you to know what your dog is up to when you’re not at home. You can check whether your dog has gotten sufficient exercise daily.
Benefits of Using a Smart Collar
Tracking the location of your dog, monitoring your dog’s health, and checking your dog’s activities are the three main purposes of using a smart collar. However, there are still a lot of benefits you and your dog can get from it. Below are just a few of the many benefits you and your dog can enjoy with a smart collar for guide dogs:
- It is fashionable.
Most often than not, you need to choose between function and fashion. Some pet parents choose function over fashion simply because functionality is their priority. On the other hand, others also consider fashion over function when buying dog collars because they care a lot about the appearance and presentation of their dogs. Smart collars can offer you both at the same time.
- Smart collar for guide dogs alerts its owners when the dog gets out of the designated area.
This makes monitoring your dog a lot easier and simpler. Why bother finding your dog when it gets lost when you can actually prevent it from wandering too much and getting lost with a smart collar?
- Smart collar for guide dogs can also be especially useful when you have to leave your dog at home without anyone looking out for your best buddy.
All you need to do is to connect the smart collar to your house’s thermostat. This could be extra helpful if your dog’s temperature suddenly changes. If this happens, the thermostat will automatically adjust the temperature inside the house to a setting that is suitable for your guide dog.
- Some smart collars feature LED RGB lighting that can be very beneficial especially when you will go for a walk with your dog at night.
Because of this function, you can forego your guide dog’s leash when on a walk. The lighting will keep your dog safe and in sight even when it’s already dark.
- It can also be used as a training device for guide dogs.
Pet owners can use its vibration feature to warn their dog not to bark at a family member or a friend.
Challenges of Using Smart Collar
There are only a few disadvantages when using a smart collar for guide dogs. The first disadvantage is its price. It can be quite expensive. However, consider how much more money you can save by buying a smart collar instead of buying these three devices: a GPS tracker, an activity tracker, and a fitness tracker.
Another disadvantage is its dependence on the internet. It won’t be very convenient if you plan to go to places where there is poor or no Internet connection.Aside from these, there are no more challenges or disadvantages in using a smart collar for guide dogs.
To help you find the best smart collar for guide dogs, check the products listed in petnuity.com. It only lists the most durable, functional, and reliable smart collars available today. This great device will help handlers and owners monitor the health and safety of their guide dogs conveniently.