The GPS tracker for police dogs is a device that tells you the exact location of your canine in real time. Many people assume that this tool and the GPS tracker pet microchip are the same when considering the purpose of use. However, the former device is wearable while the other one is an implanted gadget.
The GPS tracker for police dogs sends your pooch’s whereabouts to your mobile device. Furthermore, you will receive an alert as to where your pet is. However, you need to have a signal so that you can get a notification from the GPS system.
Uses of Real Time GPS Tracker for Dogs
The primary purpose of GPS tracking device for dogs is to know the exact location of your pet. That way, there is a lesser chance that your pet will go missing.
However, it also makes the search and rescue operations a lot easier. The tool will tell you where the canine has searched; hence, making the communication lines open. With this solution, you do not need to go to the same place multiple times.
For this reason, the police department is considering getting a GPS tracker for police dogs. That way, they can save time and budget on search and rescue operations.
Benefits of GPS Tracking Gear for Dogs
The GPS tracker for police dogs offers several benefits to users, and these are:
- The device can find your dog from almost everywhere. Because of the network used by the GPS unit, you can locate your canine wherever he is, even if he is far away from you. This purpose will not only save money on printing flyers if your pooch goes missing. It will also save time and energy as you only need to go to one place to find your dog.
- The device gives you direction in real-time. As you are heading to your pet’s direction, you will know if your pet is moving or not, thanks to the real-time update.
- No insertion needed. This GPS tracking for dogs will not hurt your “buddy” since you do not need to insert the tracker. The dog just needs to wear the tool so that you can track your pet.
Challenges of Using GPS Tracking Units for Dogs
The device may seem a perfect tool for finding missing pooches and for search and rescue operations. However, it still has some drawbacks. Below are the challenges of using a GPS tracker for police dogs.
- Some areas have little or no network coverage or internet access.
- The units may be too big for some dogs to wear.
- You need to attach it to the dog collar. Meaning, your canine could lose it anytime.
However, these flaws can be improved by manufacturers. For instance, they should create varied sizes of GPS tracking tools so that every dog can wear it, regardless of its size.
The Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
There are several products of GPS tracker for police dogs, but which is the best brand? Here are the best GPS devices that are currently available on the market.
- The Paw Tracker
The Paw Tracker uses GPS Satellites and Cellular Service. The satellites identify the location of your dog while the network sends data back to the servers. The product comes with an activated SIM card so that you can use it immediately.
The tracker has a cute design and comes in three colors. Furthermore, it comes with a mobile app that you can download on your iOS and Android devices. This system may be ideal for cats and toy dogs, but you can also use it for trained canines.
- GIBI Pet Locator
It is an excellent GPS tracker for police dogs. It is waterproof, lightweight, yet durable. This system uses an Internet connection, making it accessible from almost everywhere as long as there is the internet. Moreover, you can use this software with your laptop and your mobile device.
You can also attach the tool to the collar. That way, you can use this device with your favorite dog accessory.
- Tractive GPS Tracker
This product is the most highly recommended brand by many GPS tracker for dogs reviews. This real-time tracking device will let you know where your canine is. You just need to download the program on your iOS or Android phone. With this solution, you can find your pooch with ease when he goes missing, or you can also use it during search and rescue operations.
The GPS tracker for police dogs is not a luxury. In fact, many experiments reveal how it helps in finding the pet or even in search and rescue operations. For this reason, many police officers are considering getting this device. With this system, not only will it help in saving time, but it will also assist in saving more lives.